We have all been there before, when you have a lot of stuff going on but you know its your blog posting day. You have nothing prepared and so you know you need to put something together quickly. You do it, but don’t really want to. Blogging feels like a chore rather than a hobby or job. I get it, I’ve been there before. There are some things we can do to combat this feeling and thats what we’ll be discussing today! And I hope they can be of some help to you.
WRITE ABOUT THINGS YOU LOVE
Remember why you started blogging, remember the reason why you decided to set up your blogging account and start sharing your thoughts with the world. Go back to that. Whenever I struggle for topic ideas or have zero motivation I go back to my old posts and gather inspiration from them. Heck use some of your old posts, I am all here for old post recycling.
ONLY WRITE WHEN YOU WANT TO
Don’t force yourself to do something you don’t want to do. If you don’t want to write then don’t, don’t run the risk of getting writers block! I think things start to feel like a chore when a hobby turns into something more serious and loses its light heartedness. To me, blogging is supposed to be a fun, create outlet for me. As soon as it stops feeling like that to me then I stop and take time away.
DO SOME ADMIN WORK
I think there’s this misconception that blogging is just writing and posting and thats it. Only bloggers know the real work that goes on behind the scenes. The marketing, communicating, scheduling, creating I could go on and on. Spend some time doing admin tasks, take your mind off of the need to constantly write and do these things:
- Catch up with other blogs – There are so many other blogs you can read to help you to relax
- Check your emails – Get some emails replied to, I’m sure there are some in your inbox that need a reply!
- Re-design your blog – Play around with your blog, change it up and customise to your hearts desire
- Schedule posts – A very important task. Figure out your blog schedule for the week
- Browse free stock images to use on your blog – This always helps me seek inspiration for new posts, and I love looking through pretty photos!
TAKE BREAKS OFTEN
I have said this countless times in blogging tip posts. But take time off often. You don’t have to constantly be going all the time. We are not made to be on all the time. Taking breaks little and often can help you to re-coup and gather your thoughts. It also helps you with focus and motivation.