As it’s the season of love and giving, I thought it was only right to include a random acts of kindness post for the Holiday season. I believe we should be good, kind people all year round but I know there are a-lot of people who need extra love and support this time of year.
The holiday season can be a really tough time for some people who may not have loved ones to spend it with, or they might not be able to financially afford to celebrate Christmas.
I think the real meaning of Christmas has been forgotten by society, and we need to be reminded what the real reason we celebrate is for. it should be about the gifts and who has a more expensive gift than someone else. It’s about Jesus, family and spreading joy. And thats why I decided to do this post and I hope you will be able to check some of these acts of kindness from this list this year.
So here I have 15 ideas of how you can show kindness this Christmas season. There are so many other things that could go on this list, but these were the top 15 I could think of! I want to hear yours in the comments!
1. Bake some Christmas treats and give them to your neighbours
2. Pay for someones food/coffee order behind your
3. Shovel your neighbours drive way
4. Donate food to your local homeless shelter or food bank
5. Create a Christmas shoe box, filled with treats to be given to less fortunate families
6. Buy a surprise Christmas gift for a co-worker
7. Volunteer at your local homeless shelter
8. Pay for someones groceries
9. Pay a compliment to a stranger
10. Volunteer at your local animal shelter
11. Leave a random gift card for someone to find
12. Hand out Christmas treats at work or school
13. Give gifts to your local Children’s hospital
14. Donate clothing to your local charity store
15. Offer to get groceries for an elderly neighbour
Remember acts of kindness don’t need to be big, it could be a simple smile to a stranger on the street. It’s all about the intention behind doing it. Make someone smile this Christmas season.
What other random acts of kindness could we do this Christmas? Share your thoughts below!
Thanks so much for reading!