It’s so important to look after not only physical health but mental too. As this period of time continues where there is so much worry, anxiety and stress.I think it’s even more important to look out for each other and acknowledge that we need to take time for ourselves. And don’t feel bad for it either! Nobody bats an eye lid when we take the steps to improve our physical health so there should be no difference when we take time to look after our mental health. Here are some ideas on how we can do that:
1.Pamper Yourself – A face mask or a hot bath
2. Take Time Off – It’s not a crime to take time for you
3. Start a Journal – Write down your thoughts daily
4. Go For a Walk – Get some fresh air in your lungs
5. Read a Book – Immerse yourself into another world
6. Exercise – Put on your favourite music and do a workout session
7. Treat Yourself – Buy those new shoes you’ve been wanting
8. Go to Bed Early – Take a hot chocolate and head to bed for an early night
9.Thankful List – Write down 5 things you are grateful for
10. Listen to Music – Jam out to your favourite songs
You might also like….
11. Cuddle Your Pets – Sometimes all you need is your animal
12. Talk – Speak to friend or family and get things off your chest
13. Eat Well – Swap your diet, get those veggies and greens
14. Buy Yourself Flowers – Brighten up your home
15. Watch a movie – Even if its Harry Potter for the 100th time
What do you do when you aren’t doing good? Do you have any ideas that aren’t on this list?
Just a few ideas and things I do when my mental health isn’t at its best. These ideas wont cure us, but they can help us to deal with it better.